Because none of the candidates for the Idaho Falls City Council seats reached the 50% mark, there will now be a runoff election between the top two vote-recipients to be held on December 3rd.
No matter what happens, the Idaho Falls Council will see its most drastic change in more than two decades.The question is whether it will change for the better.The candidates are starkly different in their positions on a variety of issues. Voters must research them to determine whether their views mirror their own and lead in the direction of better governance for the city.
Below are some key differentiations.
- Read 17 Republican-bashing opinion pieces by Ed Marohn HERE.
- See more about “Drinking Liberally” HERE.
- See the candidate questionnaire responses HERE.
In runoff elections, turnout is egregiously low, and the result of the race could be drastically different based on who gets to the polls. If you feel strongly, you must act in these ways.
- VOTE: Early Voting starts on the 18th at the Bonneville County Courthouse. You can order an absentee ballot here. Or you can go to your polling place on Dec 3rd. (You can vote in the runoff even if you didn’t vote in November).
- TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW: We have to get others to the polls to make their voices heard. Post your opinions or this link on Facebook, or forward it by email.
Please act today and act aggressively to ensure that the principles you believe in have their place in municipal government.